As we come to the end of 2018, now is a time for both reflection and planning for 2019. So you can start the year with a clear and focused initiative, which will be the engine to drive the goals you set out to accomplish as the leader of your company. For any leader, this begins with reflection. To help you with this, below are 8 reflective thoughts to consider for 2019:
- Don’t make it all about yourself – Your contribution will be important in the upcoming years but make sure that it is not about your contribution all the time. Remember that stepping away at times can help you build a strong team that should be in a position to tackle new challenges and gives you the level of confidence to achieve new Heights. This is also important because you’ll be in a position to test every member of your team and give them the task they are best with. At the same time, it will be an opportunity for you to reshape the responsibilities and work together as a team.
- Start embracing new styles to lead your team – It is possible that you have a fixed pattern in which you lead a team, and you’re happy with the same. However, understand that there are many leadership styles that diverge from yours and can be even more effective as far as your team is concerned. With this being said, you should start understanding different leadership styles and adopt them, if it can have a positive impact on your team. Change is important, and if you do not change your leadership style, it can have a negative impact on your team, and we know you do not want it to happen.
- Be a good listener – It is important to listen to your team members and let them know that you’re listening. You cannot follow a pattern where you’re the only one speaking, and you expect everyone else to follow. Remember that no matter how big your company may be, you’ll still find people who will get better opportunities outside your company. So, you need to make sure that you’re listening to every member of your team and act upon their thoughts if it can have a positive impact on your team.
- Motivate your team – Motivation is required in every field. Let’s take an example of David Michigan, personal trainer fitness coach, who motivates his followers regularly on Instagram. He makes it a point to make sure that every follower gets the necessary dose of motivation on a daily basis. Motivation is extremely important, and you need to be sure that you do not mess things up by assuming that your team will get the necessary motivation on their own. They might be motivated to some extent but your words and interaction will help them get a boost, and it will not only help them work efficiently but also help your company move in the right direction.
- Get constructive feedback from your team members – When we talk about constructive feedback, many CEOs make the mistake of shortlisting employees and get feedback from them. This is not the right thing to do because most of your selected employees might have a positive thought for you. You need to get into the minds of every employee and let them know that you all willing to make necessary modifications if we have suggestions that can be good for the company and team as a whole. Another point to be noted in this case is that when you get feedback from your employees, make sure that you do not react aggressively to the feedback.
- Adapt to the changing environment – We know that nothing is constant in just hold and, so it is important to make necessary modifications in the plants to stick to your ultimate goal without facing too many difficulties. Being ready for the challenge and the change will help you in getting it the necessary to upgrade your company. With this, it is also important to understand that you should have a flexible plan in mind that is good enough to Cater to the short-term goals set by you.
- Have a clear vision in mind – Having set short-term goals, you should know that the ultimate objective of your effort is to achieve the long-term goal that will change the future of your company forever. For this, you should have a clear vision in your mind and make a realistic roadmap for the same. In this case, it is advisable to stay focused on increasing your clarity and get the necessary suggestions to make sure that you’re not moving in the wrong direction. Getting a review of your ultimate plan will also help you in making the necessary modifications to make the most of the opportunity. The best thing to be noted is that there will be many people who would be willing to review your plans and you need to select the right people so that you do not regret getting your plans reviewed.
- Don’t try to be special with everything you do – You’ll find people in the business world who want to make their every Move special, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, you should make it a point to understand that it will not be good for you if it turns into a habit and you get used to it. Offering something special all the time is not important because there will be times when your target audience will demand simplicity and if you’re not in a position to offer the same, you’ll face failures. The soundest thing to do in this case is to maintain an ideal balance and keep track of your target audience. If you notice a change in the requirements, make quick changes to your parents and offer them exactly what they want.
Here at Tech Guys Who Get Marketing, we bridge the gap between technology and marketing. As you think and write down your goals for 2019, you might want to consider our team to help you, improve your marketing initiatives, improve your technology, so you can continue to drive growth and ensure the achievement of 2019 goals. Want to have a quick chat with our ream? Contact us.